Thursday, November 15, 2012

Studio Calico Abroad layout

Hi there bloggers.

I have two sick boys in my house this week who I'm taking to the Doctor's today. Not fun. I was also unwell but have recovered, although I had something different to them.

I did manage to do a layout last night. Having a bit of withdrawals I was. Such a busy time of year right now. Hard to keep on top of things.

I love this photo I took of my son, Damon. He looks so very pleased with his very special, fancy dessert. I wanted to capture the wonderful bright colours of two of the sorbets and carry that through on the layout. The Studio Calico Abroad range, which I just bought, was perfect for it.

I have used green and red ink to give subtle highlights to the papers and done a bit of distressing around the outside edge.

I've entered this layout into Anna's Craft Cupboard's November sketch competition and in Studio Calico's weekly challenge.

Thanks for looking.

November 2012 Sketch Challenge


2 comments:

  1. HI DALE :) so nice to hear from you. I dont get alot of time lately for visiting my bloggy friends, and I really love to visitand miss it... this LO is gorgeous. love the colours, and the buttons look great.. I hope all is well in your world, and thanks for the congrats on the Dusty attic DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool layout! The colours are perfect for the theme! Love that ribbon and buttons at the bottom too! :D

    ReplyDelete