Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Queen - From Screen 2 Scrap

From Screen 2 Scrap's July inspiration poster was chosen by me. It's called The Queen and stars Helen Mirren. I thought it was appropriate as it is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year and she is Australia's sovereign. I really admire Queen Elizabeth. She had such a lot of responsibility thrust upon her at such a young age and has carried them out with dignity and grace.

Here is the poster:


The extra criteria to earn points to help you win is as follows:

1pt = Pearls/Rhinestones
2pts = Two Word title
3pts = Cut out figure/person from a photo


I have created a layout featuring myself on my wedding day. I have silouetted my 5x7 photo. The title is two words : Enchanted Journey. I am wearing a strand of pearls and have added pearls and rhinestones to my layout. I loved creating this girly layout. My husband even commented how lovely he thought it was without my asking him what he thought. That's a first!




I have created the two lace and satin flowers featured. Here is a close up:



Don't you love Webster's Pages?

Here is the little girly kit I've created as a giveaway for my choice of winner at From Screen 2 Scrap. To be in the running for this and other RAK's just enter this month's competition. If you're new to the challenge and enter, please tell Shazza you were inspired to enter by me and I will earn some points in our own little DT comp.



Thanks for looking and if you make a comment do know that I love to read them and appreciate your time and effort.

A QUICK UPDATE

The DT submission winner this month is 
Dale Tiernan 
with her submission
'Enchanted Journey'

Yay, my fellow design team members voted my layout the best.

Also, if you were savvy enough to note that my RAK was not up for grabs in July you might like to know why. FS2S are having a birthday  celebration in August and I believe my RAK will be used for that. You'd best check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous LO Dale.. adore your take on the challenge and what a beautiful photo of you!! :))

    ReplyDelete