Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Abe for Basic Grey

Hiya.
I made this layout last night for the Basic Grey weekly challenge beginning on 3 Feb. I have a lot of Basic Grey papers, a whole heap. I thought it was a good way to use some up.

I've taken my inspiration from the photos themselves. I took them whilst waiting inside the Washington Memorial for the lift. There are these great postage stamps from around the world mounted on the walls with a background of the World map.

The challenge was to use torn paper and your own handwriting. I've torn the papers up to abstractly represent the continents. I've used two different BG papers to do these with similar colours in them.

I've also cut up some more BG papers to replicate the postage stamps. My journalling is down the bottom.

Here's my layout entitled Abe.



I've used a metallic pen to outline around the letter stickers in order to highlight them.


No comments:

Post a Comment