Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Merry Christmas - layout for ARTastic


I created this lay out in about 45 minutes this morning. I think it's very typical of my clean and simple style. I made it for this month's ARTastic challenge. At first I thought I wasn't going to be able to put in an entry this month. The painting and the criteria seemed pretty tricky for a Perth Christmas, which is in summer and where it never ever snows. I've never spent a Christmas overseas where it has been winter either.

Then, I saw this background paper at Anna's Craft Cupboard from Websters Pages and thought it was the perfect thing to build a page around around.

Here is the painting, so you know what I'm talking about.



It's A Blessing of Christmas by Thomas Kinkade. Very pretty isn't it? The criteria was to have a Christmas tree, a snowman and Christmas in your title. I have all three.  My snowman is some pp by Donna Salazar which I have cut him out from. He looks so much like the snowman in the painting.

5 comments:

  1. hi :) your lo is lovely dale, I love the way you did the photos, and you mastered the challenge to perfection..... well done... hope you have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute LO! Love your snowman – and your boys’ smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dale, I think you have done a great job getting in all the criteria, it is hard when all our christmas are hot. It is a lovely soft colour scheme and the photos as stars are a perfect touch Have a wonderful Christmas and a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your starry sons Dale - great idea. Lovely gentle colours & embellishments here, I can see the inspiration did inspire you!
    Thank you for playing here at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You snowman looks so smart Dale! Glad you were able to join in the challenge this month, even though our Aussie christmas's are HOT!!, you found the perfect paper to use!
    Well done!
    cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete