Saturday, October 22, 2011

Our Californian Adventure

I'm going to describe our recent trip a little. I'll do my best to be brief and add just a couple of the 2000 photos we have.

We flew to LA via KL, spending overnight in KL. Then we took a car to Anaheim. Staying at a Disney Hotel was a great move. We could get to the Parks first thing, come back for a rest mid afternoon and stay til closing time.



The first photo is of the It's A Small World ride. Long story but we finally got to go on this ride (which is really aimed at tiny people). Did you know that when Walt Disney opened this ride he poured water from the seven seas into it? It's a boat ride, in case you weren't aware.

Second photo is obviously the castle. Doesn't it look pretty all lit up pink at night time?

After Anaheim we travelled to San Diego. Did the usual things, Zoo, Balboa Park, Sea World and the Maritime Museum. We liked SD. I liked the shopping a lot. We bought some costumes at a costume shop. Paul's and Mark's are both creepy. Will have to pull them out at Halloween. This morning I decorated our lobby in preparation. Getting into the spirit of it this year.


I think this photo I took of the Shamu show at Sea World is pretty great. It was a terrific show. Mark bought a soft toy and has been very fond of it ever since. Damon got a polar bear beany toy but managed to leave it in San Diego in the Hotel room.

Off to Las Vegas from here. What a place! Truly. Had my 44th birthday there. Went up to the top of the Stratosphere Observation Tower in the morning, booked a jump for 8:30pm and then went in a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon in the afternoon.


Tyler James was our pilot. He sat to the left of me. I didn't get used to the Americans driving from the left hand side of the car and on the wrong side of the road. Disconcerting. Mark, Damon and I sat in the front. Paul and 3 Spaniards sat in the back. Pretty cool.

Made me feel a little clammy on the way there. By the time we got back to the Hotel I didn't feel up to the jump. We went out to dinner at Okada Restaurant in the Wynn Hotel. High end Japanese food. I had a rainbow roll. Now, it was divine I must say. I also had some tuna sashima which melted in my mouth. Yum.


After Vegas we went to San Francisco. Did a hop on hop off two for the last two days. Saw the Golden Gate Bridge. The day before that it rained all day. We went to Alcatraz. A great touristy thing to do. Lots of beggars there. Also some protesters. There was some protesters in Vegas too. American economy not too good for a lot of people right now.

Headed off on the torturous trip home from SF, to LAX to KL. Spent a wonderful two days in KL at the JW Marriott. Love that Hotel. Best breakfasts I've ever had. Endless selections. Recommend it highly. Same time zone as Perth so a good transition.

Happy to be home safe and sound.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome trip. And how on earth did you manage to condense it down so well and only share a few pics. Loved hearing all about it, thanks for sharing. You'll be busy scrapping now for sure LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog! Can you speak Japanese?? I'm so glad to see that you like japanse food Sushi!

    ReplyDelete