Monday, September 1, 2014

ARCHISCRAPS DOUBLE PAGE LAYOUT AND TUTORIAL - September 2014 challenge

ARCHISCRAPS SEPTEMBER 2014 CHALLENGE

Here is the inspiration building picture:


See Google images here to see more.

I looked at this and it screamed Halloween at me. I thought the balconies looked like the eyes of ghouls and I particularly liked the texture in between the windows. Our extra criteria is texture paste, suggested by me, so that's where I started.




I had some photos from Halloween 2012 that I hadn't scrapped yet. The colours fit in nicely with the picture. See a list of all products used below.

First of all, I got some white gesso and separated it into small piles. I added 5 different colours of paint to each pile. I took a 6x6 stencil I liked and laid it on my paper. I wanted to make a pattern up one side of the page. I painted in the gaps of the stencil randomly with the different colours. I had to peel it off and do it again to go right down the paper. I repeated this step on the left page as well and set them aside to dry.

I used an acrylic stamp with two different colours along the edge of each outer side of each page.


I tore up some co-ordinating coloured Halloween papers and inked with matching inks around the edges.
I added my photos and then adhered the inked papers along the centre of each page horizontally.

I took some bandage and frayed around the edges. I sprayed each with with glimmermist and Mr Huey's Green mist. I've added these to my pages with MME brads.

I then added some stickers and lastly my journalling.

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial. It was a fun project to make.

I hope you join in over at Archiscraps this month. I can't wait to see what you create.

We welcome Leslie Smith, our newest Designer, who joins myself, Trish and Jan on the Team.

LIST OF PRODUCTS:
MME Mischievous "These Days" pp
paints
gesso
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Aged Mahogany
6x6 stencil artistcellar - rivermap
bandage
Mr Hey's Estate Green mist
Glimmer Mist - Wheatfields
Luxe acrylic stamp
Memories Apple ink, sepia ink
EP The Apothecary Emporium Skull & Bones pp
CM 6x6 pad and sticker - Hocus Pocus
MME Boo! To You "Bewitching Webs" pp
EP Chillingsworth elements stickers
MME Haunted brads
cobweb stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment