Saturday, April 20, 2013

My next challenge at Soul - male layout

For my next challenge at SOUL SCRAPPERS I have created the following:


CUCC15 Cooking up a masculine layout, canvas or 3 card set


I tend to do a lot of masculine layouts and make a lot of cards for guys, being surrounded by a lot of male relatives has a lot to do with this. I feel like making a layout for a guy can be a little more challenging. With cards they tend to like them more simple but a bit cool.
For my challenge this month I'd like you to create a masculine single or double layout, canvas or 3 card setno girls allowed and no flowers and no pink either.
I'd like to suggest some great elements for male projects and I'd like you to pick at least 3 of them to use.
I'll also suggest some techniques of which you should use at least 2.
ELEMENTS
Arrows, chipboard, stars, punched shapes, stamps, brads, buttons, tags, stickers that are male oriented, bits and bobs from hardware store such as washers, twine, clothing tags, washi tape, transparencies
Papers featuring plaid, stripes, argyle, chevrons, sports, spots, vehicles, tools, abstract shapes
TECHNIQUES
Stamping, distressing, inking, painting, paper tearing, doodling, hand stitching
Another tip I've got for  you is "add more photos". That leaves less space to fill.
PRIZE - Kaisercraft off the page wood album, a Homer tag I made and some green punched shapes
 
Please do join us at Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment