Monday, November 5, 2012

WW1 layout - Lady Liberty



I have created this layout for the November challenge at White With 1. The challenge was to use WHITE + GREEN(S) + CHEVRON PATTERN. 

I've used a lot of My Mind's Eye and Basic Grey.

I think this is such a wonderful photo that my husband Paul took of the Statue of Liberty. I wanted to highlight it so I've used a lot of white space, which is quite unlike my usual style. I also wanted to add a lot of dimension. I have printed two copies of the photo and fussy cut one of them around the statue and adhered it  using foam squares to raise it up. You can see the effect on the close up below. I've also used a folded paper technique to the pp underneath the photo to add more dimension.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Dale ;) lovely layout ! Love the chevron .. So in at the moment huh?

    Just wanted to tell you thanks for posting my giveaway and entering too. Yes linking up to a different URL on your blog is fine. If you go back to my blog I have updated on the red writing what you can do to be able to enter a 2nd and 2rd time. It does need a different URL yes.

    Once again thanks do much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Dale, Love the chevron background paper and the great photo. Thanks for playing along and for sharing with us all at WW1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that flows beautifully Dale xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean simple lines on this. Thanks for participating at WW1.

    ReplyDelete