Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yum layout for Anna's March 2012 sketch



March_2012.JPG

Here is my entry for Anna's Craft Cupboard's March 2012 sketch competition. The sketch was created by Wendy Smith.

I've flipped it so that I could accommodate these two portrait photos of my boys that I wanted to use. Mark played violin with his ensemble band at a local Primary School's fete. After the performance we found this booth that were selling deep-fried flavoured spuds. They apple slinkied them and put them on a long stick and then fried them in a wok, then sprinkled them with the flavour you chose. Seemed like a great novelty and for my oldest child, who loves potatoes and often can't purchase not made at home food due to his allergy, this was a great treat.


I had just made lots of these tags for a swap at Amandas scrap swaps for March where the theme is weather. I had made extra so I got to use it here. To make the tag I first used a sun die-cut negative and painted it yellow. Then I used the negative and a light blue pen to trace the shape and define it. Then I cut the sun out. I used black cardstock for the base. I tore some green scrap paper and stamped a scallop pattern on it in green. I had some yellow ribbon which I have cut into a fringe with scissors. Then I added some citrus ribbon. I've used a copper metallic pen so that the journalling shows up.


Where the sketch calls for heart shapes I've added some Basic Grey element nature stickers that matched my colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment