Friday, December 2, 2011

Sewing Machine Wall Art for The Robin's Nest


I am really excited to show you this art piece I have made. It is part of my Design Team application for The Robin's Nest. Click here to view their website. Click here to view their blog.



I have created a wall plaque to give to my Mum. I'm giving my Mum a sewing machine for Christmas. Now, she happens to have her own craft room, lucky lady. I know that she will love this special plaque I have made for her to hang in there. I have decorated it and made a tag for it and will hand it over with her gift wrapped sewing machine. She'll be blown away.
The finished product - SEWING MACHINE WALL ART by Dale Tiernan

Now on to how I made it.

Here is a list of items I used and two photos showing them.






Products used:
Typo Wall Art Laser Love Sewing Machine
Strong glue - clear drying
Cosmo Cricket Butterflies and Doilies (Salt Air)
Kaisercraft Wooden Flourishes Manequins
Arbee Wooden Letters
scrap paper and cardstock
Prima Flowers, Manor House Flowers
Kaisercraft Rhinestones Flourishes - Champagne
Making Memories Trims Flutter and scrap trim
Brown ribbin with white stitching
Derivan Kindy Glitz - Aztec Gold
Making Memories paint scrapbook colours - espresso
Derivan Matisse paint - unbleached titanium
Kaisercraft Pearls - chino
Adhere flourish to sewing machine.

Tie your brown ribbon into a bow.
Paint flourishes with unbleached titanium. Set aside to dry.

Paint letters with espresso. Set aside to dry.

Decorate manequin with pearls and trim.

Thread Making Memories trim through slits in sewing machine.

Apply Kindy Glitz to top of letters all around the edges. Allow to dry.
 
Using strong glue adhere letters along bottom of sewing machine. Hold each letter in place until the glue has set.

Using strong glue adhere flowers and ribbon.
Glue manequin on bottom right.



I made the tag with pieces of scrap paper and used some of the pearls to match. Write your sentiment on the tag. I've used a copper metallic pen to match the colour scheme.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job!! Your 'mom' will LOVE it, I'm sure!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sure your mom with love this project. thanks for your submission for the Robin Nest DT

    ReplyDelete