Wednesday, March 9, 2011

5 Kilos

It's been one month since I began my weight loss journey. I'm pleased that I did, so I have to say thanks to Nerrida and Karen for giving me some motivation. I do respond well to having that big sister(s) watching over me.

This week I lost .2. Not the .5 I was looking for but still a loss. Last week I had real trouble sleeping due to the heat and Saturday night did not sleep at all so Sunday I was knackered. I still did my walks but a lot of the rest of the time I was too fatigued to be very active as I usually am. I figure that's the main reason for the smaller weight loss. Also we had take away on Friday night, unavoidable I'm afraid. Not my choice.

The girls want to know why I've gained weight. I think perhaps my metabolism has slowed now that I'm older. Also, I just was not doing enough exercise. Plus, even though I don't eat a great deal I often would snack after dinner and not deny myself things like Coke or cake. I think the time has past where I can still have those things and it not affect my weight.

I have upped my walks from 3-4 a week to 5. I find that my legs are more toned. Saturday morning at 5:30 am I was woken up by severe cramp in my right foot. I will have to make sure that I do some stretching upon my return from my walks as I don't want that happening again. It was painful.

So, for the month, I have lost 2.1kgs of the 5kgs I wish to lose. Here's my scales picture.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Dale!!! We have lost nearly the same and doesn't it feel good! Ouch - I remember those foot cramps when I was pregnant - painful... LOL - and yep, can appreiate the fatigue bit - without good sleep its just not the time to be exercising your butt off - we do need rest too. Anyway, its fantastic to know we have already come this far and we are not still wishing we had started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss so far. That's fabulous! You should be very proud as it sounds like even if the number wasn't as big as hoped, you're feeling fitter and that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Dale!! A loss is a loss, it's going the right way :)
    We had some really terrible hot days here in NSW a month ago, it was exhausting, so hard to find the energy to do anything let alone exercise. I am hoping the worst of it is over now, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete