Saturday, November 13, 2010

ARTastic reveal - November

The painting for this month's challenge at ARTastic is The Beach by Chris Wake.


Straight away I though of some old photos that I have of some friends from Perth Tech and I when we all went to Cottesloe Beach. It was a stinking hot day and we had a lot of fun taking it easy and having a swim. Here is what I came up with. I painted an American Crafts background paper with blue and off white to represent the surf and sand. I used a piece of bubble wrap with sepia toned ink. I threaded a piece of blue wool through some chippy letters for the BEACH title. I like the effect as a whole. Hope you do too.


1 comment:

  1. I won the Guest Designer's pick with this layout. Thanks Libeeti. Looking forward to your RAK coming in the post.

    ReplyDelete